In our Primary School we use the combination of Nigerian curriculum and Cambridge Primary curriculum for the core subjects of English/English as an Additional Language, Mathematics and Science. The English National Curriculum (with suitable adaptations to reflect our international nature) is the foundation for other subjects such as Geography, History, Music, Art, Physical Education, ICT (Information and Communication Technology),History, Global perspective e.t.c
News / Announcements
CHRISTHILL SCHOOLS REOPEN ON MONDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER, 2020
CHRISTHILL SCHOOLS REOPEN ON MONDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER, 2020
· In line with Lagos state press release, Christhill Schools will resume on Monday 21st September. Preschool/Kindergarten & Nursery 1 classes will not resume yet pending directive from the Lagos State government. The School shall conduct distance learning for pupils in this category. All other classes will run a blend of both in-person and online classes. The Government and the School want to ensure that no child looses out of school again. The modalities shall be duely communicated to you very soon.
· We want to give priority to our old students in filling the available spaces hence we advice parents to make firm commitments by paying the required school fee on resumption. The bill will be made available to parents via WhatsApp. Note that some items that will not run within the term have been removed. Should you have further enquiries, please get in touch with the officer in the Accounts Office.
· School bus services will commence as from Monday 3/10/2020 to enable us put in place appropriate templates as recommended by the Lagos State Government. To this effect, parents are enjoined to complete form BT1 sent to you on whatsapp and return to us via the same medium.
· Parents/Guardians will also have to complete and return subsequently few other forms compulsorily as recommended by the Lagos State Government. within two (2) weeks of resumption.
· Face mask is compulsory for all students before entering the school bus and school premises. Their temperature will be taken at the point of entry into the bus or school compound, and any child with a temperature higher than normal will be denied access. Parents are to kindly keep any child that is unwell out of school. Students/pupils are required to bring their own face masks duly marked and own hand sanitizers. The School however has put in place all required to observe COVID-19 protocols.
· School uniforms are available now for purchase and textbooks are currently being supplied and commencement of date for purchase will be communicated to you very soon.
· Should you wish to get more information, kindky contact the following:
Mrs Shodunke 08090554502
Mrs Okele 08020546024
Mr Ben Okoh 08090554503
Mrs Betiku-Dreams 09098928282
We eagerly look forward to welcoming our children back to school.
END OF SESSION NEWSLETTER
*END OF SESSION NEWSLETTER*
We are delighted to announce that the 2019/2020 session has been brought to a very successful end after the just concluded online school. The end of session report card will be available on the portal soon.
*YEAR 12 STUDENTS RESUMPTION *
We are happy to inform you that the year 12 students are back to school in preparation for their West Africa School Certificate examinations commencing on 17th August.
We have made the school very safe in compliance with all COVID-19 protocols.
A team of 11 officials from the Lagos State Ministry of Education Office of Quality Assurance visited the School on Friday 7th August, 2020 to assess how compliant and safe the school is in readiness for full reopening. We are happy to inform you that we have been duly certified as very compliant.
We are however not leaving any stone unturned as maintenance work and improvement of facilities are also going on.
We believe that the Government will soon reopen all compliant Schools for physical learning.
The students have few days to relax before the commencement of the summer school which will run from Monday 17th August till Friday 11th September.
The timetable will be made available via the parents’ WhatsApp platform soon.
Nursery Classes- N5000
Classes shall run from Monday – Thursday
*ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS INTO YEAR 7 (2020/21)*
Four entrance examinations for admission to year 7 have been written by students online and successful pupils have received their admission letters. The next one is on Saturday 16th August. Parents of year 5 pupils are to take note. The pupils can register online or be registered in the school. Call Mr. Ben Okoh on 08090554503 for further details.
CALENDAR FOR CHRISTHILL ONLINE SCHOOL
4TH JUNE, 2020
CHRISTHILL ONLINE SCHOOL HAS COME TO STAY
Contrary to the views and scepticism of some parents about the possibility of running a succesful online school, Christhill Schools have proved beyond reasonable doubt that we are master of the art of online teaching.
Where several schools feared to tred, we have gallantly tested and are moving on. What many schools around here have not been able to acxhieve, God has assisted us in it thus far.
Our parents are simply amazing. At first, many found it very tasking and arduous downloading apps, opening gmail account and painstakinly assisting their wards in managing and using devices especially those 3-5 years old children.
i can assure you that these children are quite different from they were some two an a half months ago. You should be very proud of them. They are doing what their peers all over the world are doing.
We are indeed proud of them and wish them all the best as School progresses.Thank you and stay safe.Proprietor/CEOuploaded 6 months ago