CHRISTHILL SCHOOLS INTERHOUSE ...+
WORLD POLIO DAY+
TECHNOVATIVE DAY 2018+
Student Enterprise Fair 2018+
ALZHEIMER DAY 2018+
EXCURSION 1ST TERM 2018/2019+
Set of 2018 Graduation Ceremon...+
Inter House Volley Ball Compet...+
Science and Phone App Exhibiti...+
Winner Science & Mental Math C...+
News / Announcements
Dear parents, Happy new year. School resumes on Mon. 6th Jan. 2020. Ensure that your ward wears approved dressing, hairdo/cut & pay the Schl fees. We wish you a very prosperous year with your family. Management.uploaded 2 weeks ago
CHRISTHILL CHILDREN SCHOOL END OF FIRST TERM NEWSLETTER 2019/2020 ACADEMIC SESSION
We thank God for the success of this first term 2019/2020 academic session. Also, our appreciation goes to our parents/guardians for their unending support and belief in us.
Below are the highlights of activities for the just concluded term:
School resumed on Monday, 9th September, 2019
Class presentation came up every Monday morning during the general assembly. Themes were given to classes which form the basis for the assembly presentation.
Weekly drills and activities usually come up every Fridays. Pupils are engaged in spelling, dictation, quiz, mental drill and many more. The winner is celebrated at the beginning of a new week.
SPORTS & SWIMMING
Sports activities came up every Wednesday morning. Also, pupils go for swimming during the day.
The ‘Tea Party’ was on Tuesday, 17th September, 2019. Parents were in school to meet with the teachers of their pupils in the new class as well as discuss areas of improvement.
School celebrated the National Day on Monday, 30th September, 2019. Pupils were dressed in Old School Attire.
WORLD GIRL CHILD DAY
The Girl Child Day was celebrated in a grand style. All females were dressed in pink and a midwife was invited to talk on “Importance of a GIRL CHILD”
The midterm test started on Wednesday, 18th to Friday, 20th October, 2019.
Pupils visited the Muritala Muhammed Airport 2 on Wednesday, 6th November, 2019
The midterm break started on Wednesday 25th to Friday, 27th October, 2019
The school had its cooking maiden competition on Thursday, 14th November, 2019. Pupils were grouped and each group cooked a traditional food. It was a remarkable experience for the pupils as they partake in the cooking competition.
The examination started on Tuesday, 27th November to Wednesday, 3rd December, 2019
School closed on Wednesday, 11th December, 2019
Clubs met every Mondays for their activities such as Literary/Debate club, Interact club (ROTAKIDS), Jet club, French club and Speak Right.
Appreciation goes to our parent who paid their children’s fees on time. We appeal to all parents to make payment before resumption to avoid embarrassment. On resumption, entry will be granted on the evidence of payment only.
For parents who find it difficult to pay their children’s fees in Abbey Bank, the school now has POS or you can also pay into First Bank account. with details below
Account name: Christhill Children School
Account number: 2001659564
We want to appeal to our parents to ensure that their children/wards dress neatly and decently. Their clothes should be well ironed, worn out or short uniforms should be replaced. Also, the use of three-quarter jeans and black jeans are not allowed. The dress codes are as follows:
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: school uniform, a pair of school customised socks and a pair of black shoe.
Wednesday: Customised sportswear, white socks and a white canvas, trainers, sneakers etc.
Friday: Customised purple T-shirt, blue jeans and black shoe.
Boys: THE BOYS’ HAIR MUST BE DECENT LOW CUT WITH NO PARTINGS OR ANY STYLE
Girls: girls should have the school hair do or cut their hair low.’. Use of attachment and beads are not allowed.
NEXT TERM IN VIEW
Second term academic session 2019/2020 will commence on 6th January, 2020. However school opens on 3rd January, 2020. Members of staff will be available at the school.
· Mid-term test and break
· Valentine Day
· Parent Forum
· End of term party
Dates and time will be communicated later.
You are free to register your complaints at the head teacher’s office or call 08165219070.
Thank you once again and wishing you a very wonderful Christmas and a prosperous new year.uploaded 1 month ago
CHRISTHILL COLLEGE NEWSLETTER CC/NL/2019/20/001
Dear Esteemed parents / guardians
APPRECIATION: The school management wishes to profoundly thanks our parents for the immense and immeasurable support extended to the college in the just concluded term, God will reciprocate your kind, selfless and unstinted gestures. The school will keep running an open-door policy and management will always welcome constructive and invaluable decisions that will make the school a more congenial place to teach and learn.
SCORE CARD: Since school resumed on 9th September, 2019. Event within and outside school showed that the school is moving on and making steady progress by leaps and bounds. It is germane to intimate you with few of the successes the school recorded this (1st) term:
1. SCHOOLS’ DEBATE: The school emerged 2nd position in inter school debate organized by Rotary club in 21st November, 2019 out of six Schools that participated in the competition and got a trophy.
2. SPORTS: The school is making giant strides, not just in academics but also in sports. In November, both male and female Basketball teams of the College also won Silver medals in basketball competitions.
3. ROTARY YOUTH LEADERSHIP AWARDS (RYLA). Our students also just concluded 9 days residential Rotary sponsored Youth Leadership Awards at the Citizenship and Leadership training Centre at the Sea School. They were among the 519 youths that were camped. RYLA is a programme where youths are groomed and nurtured thoroughly for future leadership roles. Few of our students who attended the leadership programmers came back with indelible and memorable testimonies.
4. STAFF CAPACITY BUILDING: Our College was one of the selected few Schools whose Staff (three in number) enjoyed a 4 days training on STEM integration and development training for Educators system of education, a fully sponsored training by the United States Consulate General in collaboration with IBM, Google and STEMi Makers Africa. The training which will run for one year will make the school educators with the objective of educating and producing the next generation of scientists, engineers and other professionals.
5. EXCURSION: The students were taken on an amazing excursion to in November, they are the ones that can give an account of the awesome experience they had. We hereby appeal to parents whose wards didn’t join to allow them participate in the next one.
6. RELEASE OF RESULTS: Students’ results will be ready by Monday 16th December, 2019.
7. HOLIDAY SCHEDULE: during this 1st term holidays, the school will be opened between 8:30 am – 2pm on daily basis; from the 16th – 24th of December 2019. After the Christmas celebrations, some staff will be available in school to attend to parents. All staff will resume on 3rd January, 2020; while students are to resume on the 6th January, 2020.
8. HOLIDAY ASSIGNMENTS: The students have been given holiday assignments in some core subjects. Kindly ensure that they diligently do the assignments despite the Christmas pleasure.
9. PAYMENT OF 2ND TERM FEES:
The school re-opens on the 6th January, 2020. We expect all our students to resume immediately as serious academic work starts in earnest. There is no room for procrastination. Parents are hereby enjoined to co-operate with the school management in the following areas:
1. School Fees: We detest embarrassing our students on issues like school fees. But parent must cooperate by paying promptly to enable the school meet its obligations on staff salary and other developmental projects. Management may not allow students, who have not paid school fees, to resume with us on the 6th January, 2020.
2. Saturday Classes/Lessons: The School Saturday Classes/Lessons for Year 9 and Year 12 will commence on 11th January. as soon as school resumes.
Discipline and sense of responsibility is the hallmark and the bedrock of any school. Ours is not different. Come 2nd Term, the school will be firmer on the appearance of dressing our students in terms of correct uniform, hair do and haircut and school shoes. on the part of the boys and the girls. Improper outlook of any student will not be allowed.
As the current year -2019 draws to an end, we wish all our eminent parent a happy and blissful yuletide season! May the year 2020 be brighter and more prosperous than the outgoing year. For more information and enquiries, contact the following numbers: 0803 300 7643 or 0817 283 7546.
11th December, 2019uploaded 1 month ago